I’d like to welcome back both parents and children for the Spring term. This term we continue with the theme of seasons; looking at winter and the changes in our environment. We are initially reading a non-fiction text all about snowflakes. We will be looking at melting and freezing and conducting some simple experiments in class. In PE will be working inside on dance this half term, ahead of the school’s house dance performance in the last week before half term. Our class will be taking inspiration from both Toy Story and the Nutcracker for our dance. In our PSHE Jigsaw lessons children will be developing children’s resilience and on strategies to support them when faced with challenge. They will be looking at targets for the future and identifying the steps that may help them achieve their goals. In RE our work with Gracie our class persona doll will continue, and we will be working out why God is so important to us.
We are also looking forward to celebrating the upcoming Chinese New Year on Tuesday 24th January (further information is in the letter section of the website) Further information on areas of Early Years curriculum that we will be covering this term click here Class-Oaks-Spr-1-Curriculum.
Dates for the diary
Tuesday 24th January – Chinese New Year
Monday 6th – Friday 10th February – Children’s Mental Health Week
Friday 10th February – Valentine’s Day Lunch
Further ahead…. Tuesday 28th February 1pm-5.45pm – Parents Evening
What can I do to help my child?
- Please try spend a little time each day listening to your child read and reading to them
- Record in your child’s reading record once a week to let us know how they are getting on with their sounds at home
- Ensure your children has enough sleep and a regular bedtime routine to ensure they are not tired at school
- Send wellies and warm clothing as we try to go outside even in poor weather
- Encourage your child to write or draw in their adventure book (homework) book once a week. They earn a dojo (house point) for this and are given an opportunity to share their work with the class once a week.
- Check the school Instagram page to keep up to date with the activities we have been doing at school
Please feel free to come and speak to come at either morning drop-off or afternoon pick-up if you have any questions. If you would find it easier to email me, feel free to do so on Simone.Miller@hcat.org.uk