How does our school involve other bodies, including health and social care bodies, local authority support services and voluntary sector organisations, in meeting children and young people’s SEN and supporting their families?

Category: sen

We have access to a wide range of professionals and outside agencies which we can consult regarding meeting children’s needs and supporting families. If we feel that referral to an outside agency would be beneficial for your child, we shall contact you to discuss this. A list of agencies can be viwed in our SEND Policy.

We can help parents to obtain independent advice and assistance from the SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS). SENDIASS provides confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs, learning difficulties or disabilities.

Working with other agencies

Educational Psychology Service: 01609 535554

Children’s Therapy Team

Child Development Centre

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Wigginton Road

York, YO31 8HE

01904 724366

Speech and Language Therapy Department

Springhill House

Sprnghill Close


YO12 4AD

01723 342472

NHS Occupational Therapy Service:

NHS Specialist Nurses, advice on how to help some pupils

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS):

Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service

Children and Family Services: East (Scarborough, Filey, Ryedale, Whitby) 01609 534852

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and Inclusion Teams: