On Sunday (21st June), it is the annual celebration of World Music Day! In many cities and countries, people take to the streets and parks and offer free concerts and performances in their neighbourhoods. Those of you that are in school, and part of a bubble, will be taking part in a variety of fun, musical-based activities this week to celebrate this event! For those of you engaging in Home Learning, here are a few suggestions of how you can take part in the day:
- Watch and follow Just Dance videos on YouTube.
- Host a performance or talent show to your friends and families.
- Write and perform your own rap song!
- Watch episodes of Albert's Band on YouTube and learn all about different kids of instruments.
- Create a body percussion band and learn a new song (e.g. 'The Cup Song' by Anna Kendrick)
- Ask someone you know what their favourite band or musician is and research them.
- Continue listening and researching our own Musician of the Month - Frank Sinatra!
This is a great way to spend your weekend with your family and loved ones and can help us with our physical and mental health. Singing and dancing can make us feel happy and energised and promote positive wellbeing!
Please send us photos either via your teacher's school email address or via your class' Seesaw app. We look forward to seeing how you celebrate the day!