Hello parents, time seems to have flown since my last update especially with all the exciting 9th birthday lock-down plans we have going on in our house. This week the focus is on Science, PSHE and RE with some additional work for the VE Day celebrations if needed. Please keep the updates coming. I have had lots this week; see some of the fantastic work that have had the pleasure to recieve. Keep these coming and please feel free to contact me if you need any additional support on email@example.com
Science – Humans
1. Drawing around a person in chalk outside or inside on large paper and labelling the parts that they know.
2. Simon says game - Simon say touch your calf, elbow, heel etc
3. Ether complete body parts wordsearch or make your own wordsearch
4. Label body parts worksheet
5. You could follow these discussions up with some PSHE work into what makes us different and special (we have looked at this briefly before)
6. Guess who game
PSHE (personal, social, health education)
This term's enquiry is into citizenship and rules.
1. Show them the Twinkl PowerPoint presentation titled Why do we have rules? https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/ks1-why-do-we-have-rules-powerpoint-t-tp-7353
2. Discuss why we need rules now (because now we are learning at home where we are not used to having to work, because we need to be safe)
3. Together, come up with some house rules, either an adult writes them or ideally they use the rules writing frame.
RE - Who created the world?
This enquiry follows up the work we have completed into Christianity and The Bible (containing stories about God)
1. Gather some of the their toys and items round the house (teddy, loaf of bread, mobile telephone and discuss who might have made them ie their creator
2. Discuss if we can tell from looking at them? Would they have been clever, creative, kind, noisy, soft. Give them some suggestions.ects themselves: for exam
3. Please show/read Genesis (the Christian creation story) You may have a child friendly Bible or use https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-t-5364-adam-and-eve-story-powerpoint
4. What do they think this tells us about God? Give them words like, boring, clever, rich, exciting, funny, amazing
5. Can they retell the story out loud? Can they build a world out of a box adding in each item in turn? Can they retell the story using pictures from magazines or from the internet?
1. Discuss what VE day is (use twinkl if you are struggling)
2. Create, decorate Union Jack bunting and decorate your house
3. Research war medals and create your own
4. Make your own paper aeroplanes or Spitfires https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t2-t-803-simple-ww2-spitfire-glider-activity-paper-craft
5. Plan and have a tea party https://ve-vjday75.gov.uk/plan-your-ve-day-party/
Good luck and stay safe