Class Oaks - Remote Learning
What will happen if my child needs to self-isolate?
-A paper based learning pack will be provided as soon as possible once you let us know that your child needs to self-isolate. This will be sent home with a sibling or other family member if possible or put into the post. Please click Home learning Reception or Home learning Year 1 to see the cover sheet that lists what will be in your pack for the upcoming half term.
-If you would like the accompanying tasks sent electronically then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
-Further tasks will be added to Microsoft Teams including high quality videos that introduce new content and teachers will provide feedback via the platform as well.
Useful websites to support learning from home.
- BBC Cbeebies: great to support learning in many subjects but in particular Maths with the Numberblocks.
- Ruth Miskin phonics (Read Write Inc): helpful for parents to explain how reading is taught using phonics and how to support this at home.
- Oxford Owl: Parents and carers can access 27 Read Write Inc. Phonics eBook titles for extra practice with their children at home, plus three Fresh Start Anthologies. 62 Speed Sound Practice Sheets are also available to download. Parents will need to create a free account on Oxford Owl for Home to access the eBooks.
- BBC Teach Early Years – For children in Reception covering all areas of learning.
- BBC Teach Primary – For children in Year 1 covering all subjects in the curriculum.
- White Rose Maths – Home learning videos for Early Years and Year 1 to explain and introduce mathematical concepts.
- BBC Bitesize – For children in Year 1 covering all subjects in the curriculum.
- Oak National Academy – Oak National Academy provides free video lessons, slides and worksheets to support teachers and pupils to keep learning.Created by teachers in response to coronavirus, the resources are freely available, to complement schools’ own teaching. Lessons cover a broad range of subjects, from reception to year 11. There are no sign-ups or logins required.