What will happen if my child needs to self-isolate?
-A paper based learning pack will be provided as soon as possible once you let us know that your child needs to self-isolate. This will be sent home with a sibling or family member where possible or put into the post. Please click Home Learning Year 6 to see the cover sheet that lists what will be in your pack for the upcoming half term.
-If you would like the accompanying tasks sent electronically then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
-Further tasks will be added to Microsoft Teams including high quality videos that introduce new content and teachers will provide feedback via the platform as well.
Websites to support learning at home.
- Oxford Owl: Provides information and guidance to parents and carers on how to support your child’s reading at home. Parents and carers can also access a free eBook library with lots of books perfect for older readers.
- BBC Teach Primary: For pupils in Year 6 covering all curriculum subjects.
- White Rose Maths: Home learning videos for Year 5 to explain and introduce mathematical concepts.
- BBC Bitesize: For pupils in Year 6 covering all curriculum subjects.
- Oak National Academy: Oak National Academy provides free video lessons, slides and worksheets to support teachers and pupils to keep learning.Created by teachers in response to coronavirus, the resources are freely available, to complement schools’ own teaching. Lessons cover a broad range of subjects, from reception to year 11. There are no sign-ups or logins required.