Our planning focuses on giving children experiences and activities that will;
- Allow children to initiate their own learning
- Encourage a rich language
- Include physical development
- Allow children’s imaginations and creativity to flourish
- Challenge appropriately
- Involve all of the senses
- Include exploration of natural materials
- Involve activities and experiences inside and out
Our planning is broken down into the following;
- Owl Babies – which is a lovely story about 3 owlets (Sarah, Percy and Bill) and their Mummy owl
- Road Safety Week – a busy week of activities and learning
- Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins – exploring all that pumpkins have to offer
- We’re going on a poppy hunt – lest we forget – activities and learning around remembrance and the importance of remembering
- We’re going on a leaf hunt – we are hoping for a windy week to help us hunt and chase leaves. Our book is very much based on ‘We’re going on a bear hunt.’
- Spice paints – an abundance of sensory opportunities
- Christmas Spiced Playdough – following on from spice painting and adding a different element
- Real Christmas Tree – Very exciting!
- The Nativity Story with Small World resources – A wonderful time to share the story of the birth of Jesus.
Mrs Greatorex and Miss Cook look forward to a fun-packed term.
If you would like to contact Mrs Greatorex directly, please do so using email address email@example.com.