Summary of Key Findings from the 2014 Inspection
This is a good school
- Pupils achieve well. They start school in the Early Years Foundation Stage with skills and knowledge below and for many well below those typical for their age.
- Relative to their starting points pupils now make good progress across school to reach average standards by the end of Year 6.
- Teaching is good. Relationships are positive and activities which enthuse and motivate pupils to do well are carefully planned.
- Pupils’ behaviour and their attitudes to learning are good. They say they feel very safe at all times.
- Leadership, including the work of the governors, is good. Leaders regularly check how well the school is performing, and take firm action to address weaknesses and to bring about improvements in achievement, teaching and behaviour.
- The curriculum is good. Pupils are provided with a range of exciting experiences which engage their interest and contribute to their growing love of learning. These experiences make a valuable contribution to their social, moral, cultural and spiritual development.
- The school has forged good relationships with parents who are appreciative of the good education and support the school provides.
You can read the rest of the 2014 report here